Primary School PE and Sport Funding School Statement
|The Government is providing additional funding of £150 million per annum for academic years 2013-2017 to improve provision of Physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding – provided jointly by the Department for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport – will be allocated to primary schools. The funding is ring-fenced and can, therefore, only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.|
Our school will be looking to spend the additional funding on improving our provision of PE and sport. Some of the ways we may do this are:-
- Participating in sport competitions and increasing pupils’ participation in School Games;
- Working with other schools in the locality/region;
- Providing additional opportunities for gifted and talented children and children with special education needs.
- Adventurous outdoor activities programme.
- Join the Crawley School Sport Partnership
PROVISION FOR ALL AFFILIATING SCHOOLS TO THE CRAWLEY SCHOOL SPORT PARTNERSHIP:
- Access to a team of staff, including the PE & Sport Strategy Manager and Crawley School Sport Co-ordinator. SSCO can support with curriculum planning. E.g. Development of additional resources, sharing resources library, guidelines on appropriate equipment and support with School Games Mark.
- Sports Crew Leadership training opportunities.
- Links to strategic partners, funding streams and wider projects on your behalf, where applicable.
- Change 4 Life training.
- Access to the extensive CPD programme.
- Opportunity to attend a School Games Mark workshop to support schools in gaining accreditation.
- The Head teacher, in the termly report to Governors, will report on:
- How the Primary School PE and Sport Funding money has been spent;
- An outline of the provision that has been made since the last report;
A statement will be published on the school website detailing how the Primary school PE and Sport funding has been used